Tablets and phones have replaced the TV as a way of pacifying children and keeping them entertained-recent figures.
Yet these devices could be having a significant impact of the mental health of young people lot of what goes on a mobile phone is built to be addictive.
Most parents decide to give smart phones for children to keep the kids occupied when the parent is actually busy with some work. It’s actually not that bad. But it shouldn’t let children get more and more addicted to their smart phone. Since the current trend has a greater impact on the addiction for electronic gadgets, parents find it tedious to stop kids from this. But it is a necessity to take control of the usage of the smart phones with strict rules
Smart phone addiction can have an adverse effect on the kid?s behavior socially. Constant gaming can worsen his behavior and attitude. In order to spend all their time playing in smart phones, the kid would start to avoid social situations. It is not surprising to know that toddlers and preschoolers have their own way to learn how to use these little gadgets even without being taught by adults.Getting addicted to smart phones also makes them lack of focus because of just keeping their eyes on the screen.
Giving up phones completely isn?t the answer. But the adversity on this issue is quite insistent.?Here are some tricks to break kids off their addiction to the smart phones and other electronic gadgets
- If you feel that there is a need to use technology to keep your child occupied, set the rules for usage first and then use interactive apps, CD?s or programs.
- Avoid animated CD?s that limit creativity and that do not encourage two way interaction. Children become silent spectators who get hooked onto the catchy music and keep viewing the content that is animated and far from reality.
- Make sure of not using the smart phone as tool to keep your child occupied when you need to work.
- Choose video games carefully. See what they teach or what effect they are likely to have on your child with the prolonged usage.
- Many educational products available today are useful but they must be chosen with utmost care and used optimally.
- Use this gadget as a reward if your child had achieved the desired task that you had told him to do. Therefore, your kid cannot use it anytime they want to, there is a catch.
- Make sure that the games and apps are suitable for your kid?s age and are capable to improve your kid?s knowledge.
- Arcade games should be limited.
- Engage your kid with some outdoor activities which involves physical movements and burning of their calories.
- Engage in non-related to gadget activity to distract your kid from touching those devices. You may also spend some quiet time together reading your kid?s favourite story books, painting or making handmade crafts.
- Make it a habit to change your password frequently. Make sure that your child has to ask for your password for every access.
- Begin to teach children about the danger of using smart phone and internet as early as possible so they’ll be accustomed when growing up. Tell your children about how online fraud, cyber bullying, and identity theft are very popular all around the world nowadays and are dangerous for them.